Sometimes I wonder what on earth is my purpose. The answer 2 that fluctuates in my mind. But in my heart I believe that life is preparation for eternity. We were made 2 last 4ever, & God wants us 2 be with Him in Heaven.
One day my heart is going to stop, and that will be the end
of my body--but not of me. I may live 60 to 100 years on earth, but I am going to spend trillions of years in eternity. This is the warm-up act - the
dress rehearsal.
God wants me 2 practice on earth what I will do 4ever in
eternity. We were made by God and for God, and until you figure
that out, life isn't going to make sense. It sure doesn't 4 me at times.
Life is a series of problems: Either you r in 1 now, u're just coming out of 1, or u're getting ready 2 go in2 another 1. The reason 4 this is that God is more interested in your character than ur comfort.
God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in
making your life happy. We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's not the
goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ likeness.
This past year has been the greatest year of my life but also the toughest. My husband decided 4 me 2 homeschool our kids. That has always been my dream! We were blessed with a brandnew smaller home which in our eyes would make finances better. We are all healthy physically, praise God 4 that! I feel great because In someways I know we have come a long way....The tough thing is, I have discovered that no matter how much I pray, fast, or seek God, things are always prone 2 happen. Challenges with spouse, children and dreams are and will 4 ever be at stake.
You can focus on God's purpose 4 u, or on your problems.
If u choose ur problems, u're going in2 self-centeredness,
"which is my problem, my issues, my pain."
4 me, the easiest ways 2 get rid of pain is 2 get my focus off myself & put it on God & others.
I discovered quickly that in spite of all my prayers & time spent with God, it just wasn't going 2 exclude me from the hardships of life.
It has been very difficult 4 me, however, God has strengthened my character, given me a testimony 2 share with others, drawn me closer to Him and has revealed 2 me step by step that my trust should only be on Him.
You have to learn to deal with both the good and the bad of life. Actually, sometimes learning to deal with the good is harder.
For instance, I sometimes fantacize about 1 day having my book published and selling millions of copies.. I don't think God gives you money or notoriety for your own ego or for you to live a life of ease. So, in my little mental world of dreams, I began to ask God what He wanted me to do with this money, notoriety and influence. He gave me two different passages that helped me decide what to do, II Corinthians 9 and Psalm 72.
First, reguardless of all the money coming in, I would not change my
lifestyle one bit. I wouldn't make any major, needless purchases. I paid back all the people who have blessed me in the passed. Then I bought a small modern house with a jaccuzzi. I planted sunflowers and Iris's on my flowerbed and built a small academy right outside the house which would eventually become a sanctuary.
We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for possessions?
Popularity? Am I going to be driven by spouse pathetic pressures? Guilt 4 not being skinny enough? Bitterness towards things u cant change?
Materialism? Or am I going to be driven by God's purpose 4 my
life?
When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know
You more and love You better. God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do. That's why we're called human beings, not human doings. In my happy moments, I will... PRAISE GOD. Difficult moments, SEEK GOD. Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD. "
As long as I live, I will always know that there is NONE in this earth 2 be trusted...Absolutely NONE...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment